I know you’re all probably getting sick of seeing posts like these of absolutely every blog ever, and I swear this will be the last one from me. But today I thought I’d talk about some of the things in 2016 that I’m looking forward to in 2016.
As I compiled the list of the things I had planned to go and do/see, I was surprised at how much there was as I honestly thought there hadn’t been so many. But anyway, here they are… in chronological order of course, because I do like some order to my life.
1) Paige’s 18th Birthday – I’ve known Paige since I was 3 years old… so still being friends with her now when I’m 18 is a massive milestone. We went through pre-school, primary school, secondary school, and now even college together. So I’m actually really excited to be able to welcome here into the 18 club and toast to many, many more years of friendship.
2) Deadpool Movie – Not as deep and meaningful as the last one, but I’m really looking forward to this. The trailers and clips I’ve seen on TV have been hilarious on their own, so I honestly can’t wait to see the full thing in theatres in February. Who knows? If I do manage to snag a boyfriend before valentines day (wishful thinking!) I may even drag them out to watch it for me. Though since the movie is being release February 4th, I doubt it’ll be my first time seeing it by then!
3) Captain America: Civil War – Oh yes, I am an absolute Marvel slut. I’ve been freaking out over this movie for ages, and even more so since the trailer. Although, is it just me, or does Cap look like the antagonist in this own movie? Everyone’s telling him not to do this, and he’s does it anyway ’cause Bucky. And let’s not forget the heart wrenching moment between him and Tony; “but he’s my friend.” “So was I.” INSTANT TEARS. Whether your team Cap, or team Iron Man, or your in the neutral zone… this film is gonna be epic.
4) Room 94 Tour – Unless you can count Reading Festival as either one gig or multiple (it’s gotta be multiple, come on, let’s be honest) then I only went to one gig next year. I blame my illness for consequently leaving me with no money, and of course not being able to go anywhere with large crowds. So far I still only have one gig booked for this year, and it’s in April. But given this will be the first time I’ve seen be beloved boys in a year I’m really excited! And also, I’m going with one of my new college friends, who I became friends with from wearing my Room 94 shirt in class which she spotted and praised me for. And this is one of the many reasons band tees are awesome!
5) Asylum 16 – For my 18th Birthday back in November one of my friends brought my a ticket to attend Asylum 16. For those who that name doesn’t mean anything to, it’s a Supernatural convention that’s being hosted in Birmingham in May. And most importantly they’ve got Jensen Ackles, who plays Dean attending as well as Mark Shepppard who plays Crowley, so I’m super excited. Now I’ve just gotta save up for the hotel and the train to get there… thank God I’ve just started a better, higher paying job!
6) Summer 2016 – Okay this isn’t exactly an event, but here me out, okay? Last summer I didn’t really get much of a chance to go out. I had a chemotherapy session once every 2 weeks, right up until the beginning of August. So clearly those days would be taken up, spending the day at the hospital. The following week and few days would then be spent at home, feeling far to crappy to go out and do anything. By the time I properly felt better it was just about time for me to go in for another round of chemo. There was also the big problem of catching an infection that meant it just wasn’t safe for me to go out and do half the things I wanted to do. Over the summer I went on one cinema trip, one lunch date, and one shopping trip before I got better. Of course once I got better I went out a little bit more… but summer was almost over, so I didn’t have a whole lot of time to do half the stuff I wanted to. So this year I’m going to try and make the most of this summer and try and go out as much as possible. Being half an hour away from Brighton is also one of the biggest perks when it comes to the summer months!
7) Aubrey Visiting – She hasn’t brought a plane ticket yet, so while I know she’s planning to come over in the summer, but I’m not too sure when in the summer. So I put it at the end just in case. I met Aubrey through Tumblr 2 years ago, and we’ve been super close ever since despite her living in sunny California, while I’m in not-so-sunny Sussex. It’ll be great to finally see her and give her hugs in person. But also… since I’m going to be showing her around the UK… I get to sort of act like a tourist as well. So expect a lot of photo blogs when it comes to the summer months!
What are you guys looking forward to in 2016? Let me know in the comments below!